Are you looking for an island getaway? Then, you will love Jamaican jerk seasoning! This is a recipe I learned while vacationing in Jamaica. Authentic Jamaican jerk seasoning will turn whatever you’re cooking into a Caribbean treat! Spice up your fish, chicken, pork, or grilled meat with this spicy, tangy seasoning and dream of the Islands!
The authentic way to do this, is to put all of your ingredients into a mortar and pestle and grind away. I’m not going to lie Mon, this is a workout!
But, what’s better than working off your dinner before you eat it? Or, you could use a food processor, and it will be just as good. Once it’s all mixed together, use it as a marinade, or brush it on whatever you are grilling.
If you can’t take a trip to the Islands, bring them home to you with this authentic Jamaican jerk seasoning!
- 6 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1-3 habanero peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Mash all ingredients in a mortar and pestle, or put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use 1-3 habanero peppers, depending on the level of spice you like