These basic meatballs are super simple and super versatile. They are so tender and flaky, they are like a meat biscuit! You can make a ton of dishes from this one simple recipe, and they freeze really well so you can have them on hand for a quick, easy and delicious meal. I use parmesan cheese as a binder rather than bread crumbs, which adds flavor instead of gluten. That’s a win, win for me! I use a variation of this recipe in my Mariachi Meatballs. You should totally check those out!
These are great for spaghetti and meatballs (duh).
and, who doesn’t love a meatball slider?!
You could also stuff them with cheese. Yum, everything is better with cheese! The possibilities are endless. Get creative and make them your own!
- 1/1/2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste (I use 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Put mixture into refrigerator for 15 minutes to tighten up. Remove from refrigerator and form into 1 inch meatballs. Bake on a rack for 18-20 minutes until done.
- Make a small patty and cook on the stove to check seasoning before forming into meatballs.