I got the idea for a chicken caesar salad sandwich at a theme park in Florida. It was served up right out of a giant dinosaur. No, unfortunately it wasn’t the purple one. When I’m looking for a great, mostly healthy sandwich for my kids, on a sweltering summer day, that’s the first place I think to go, right?! I’m sure glad we did. My kids fell in love with this sandwich and I have been making it ever since.
Cut a demi baguette in half, and use a knife or a spoon to hollow out the center. Then, fill it with my delicious chicken caesar salad. I have to admit, one time I used tofu instead of chicken thinking they wouldn’t know. Wrong! Those kids are smarter than they look!
That’s how to get something green into your kids bellies!
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 demi baguette
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Toss dressing with lettuce, cheese, and chicken and set aside
- Cut the baguette in half
- With a knife or spoon, hollow out the center of the baguette
- Fill the baguette with the salad
- You probably won't be able to fit all of the salad into the baguette. Serve it on the side or save it for dinner.