This is an old family recipe for the best potato salad ever! Every time I make this, it disappears in a flash! No Medlin family cookout or picnic is complete without my famous potato salad. It always makes me feel super special that my father-in-law requests my potato salad at every get-together.
Now, I’m going to share the recipe with you! And…I give you complete permission to take all of the glory for your fabulous self. The secret is to mix the potatoes in the dressing while they are still warm. That will allow them to soak up all that delicious flavor.
Tender potatoes in a thick, creamy dressing with just a hint of sweet from the pickle relish. What could be better to go alongside a big juicy burger at your next cookout, or a Dagwood at your next picnic?
Apparently, this also makes a great midnight snack. I have witnessed my husband, late at night, by the light of the refrigerator, in his pj’s (aka underwear), eating right out of the bowl! Now that’s good stuff!
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool, peel, and cube
- In a large bowl, while potatoes are still warm, combine all ingredients
- Mix well, cover and chill