This is no ordinary salad! If you’re in the mood for a sweet and savory dish, this quinoa salad really delivers! Quinoa is light and fluffy in texture, but it is high in protein and fiber, so it really fills you up. Just look at all the beautiful colors. We do eat with our eyes first, right?
Quinoa is simple to make. It’s similar to making rice, but it’s not as finicky. You put one part quinoa to two parts water or stock in your saucepan. Bring it to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes. That’s it!
You just need a few fresh ingredients and you’re on your way to a delicious, satisfying meal. I chose arugula for the greens because they are my favorite. I love that peppery bite! Just add a few sliced strawberries, some goat cheese, some nuts, and toss in a vinaigrette. I made the vinaigrette with some strawberry jelly my mother-in-law made from scratch, yum! If you don’t have home made strawberry jelly on hand, you could use store bought, or you could blend some strawberries and honey together. Oh yeah, don’t forget the quinoa!
Who wouldn’t want to eat that?! I think we need a bigger bowl 😉
- 1/2 Cup quinoa
- 1 Cup water and 1/2 tsp salt or 1 Cup stock
- 4 Cups arugula
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup nuts
- 1/4 Cup strawberry jelly (or 8 ounces strawberries and 2 Tbsp honey)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a blender, add jelly (or strawberries and honey), vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth
- Combine quinoa, water and salt (or stock), in sauce pan and bring to boil
- Turn the heat to low and cover
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until done, allow to cool
- In large bowl, combine quinoa, arugula, strawberries, goat cheese, and nuts
- Toss in the vinaigrette