Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. A frittata, which is an egg dish similar to an omelette or a crustless quisch, is always a great way to start the day. You can put anything in there and know that it’s going to be fabulous!
I used chicken sausage, tomatoes, spinach, and cheddar and parmesan cheeses for this one. You could change it up any way you like. Use beef, chicken, or pork instead of chicken sausage. Change up the veggies, and get creative with different cheeses. You will never be disappointed!
Mix your ingredients together, put them in an oven-safe pan, bake and enjoy! There’s enough frittata here to feed the whole fam.
But I think I’m going to take the first piece…
Now that’s why I love breakfast!
- 1 lb sausage
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the sausage and set aside
- In a pan, wilt the spinach in 2 Tbsp water, remove as much moisture as possible and set aside
- In an oven-safe pan, coat with oil, and sprinkle 4 ounces of cheddar cheese on the bottom
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and baking powder together
- Add sausage, spinach, remaining cheese, tomatoes, and cottage cheese to egg mixture
- Pour mixture over the cheese in the oven-safe pan
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Substitute your favorite protein, vegetables, cheese or anything else you would like. It will always be great!