Southwestern Black Bean Salad is Tex Mex at its best! This is a simple, tasty, colorful dish that can be whipped up in no time at all. It makes a great side dish, or you could serve it with some chips for an appetizer, you could even add some chicken and rice to turn it into a satisfying main dish.
With a few simple ingredients, and just a few minutes you can dive into a bowl of this delicious salad.
Drain and rinse some black beans, chop a few tomatoes, chop up some cilantro, and whisk together a spicy dressing.
Toss it all together in a bowl and you’ve got yourself southwestern treat with a tiny bit of heat! It’s that easy!
How great does that look? I promise…it tastes even better!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- juice of one lime
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, add beans, tomatoes, and cilantro
- In a separate bowl, whisk together scallions, lime juice, adobo sauce, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Add dressing to bean mixture and toss
- Fold in avocados
- If you don't like it spicy, omit the adobo sauce in the dressing