In Kansas City, we experience the most extreme weather conditions. We get the hottest of the hot and the coldest of the cold. Today is a hot one! I’m not too excited about heating up the stove (and our apartment) to have a healthy and delicious lunch. That’s why I’m making spinach soup. Everything goes in the blender and BAM, we’ll have a souper (ha ha, sometimes I crack myself up) great meal!
It doesn’t get any healthier than that. Spinach is one of the healthiest foods in the world, packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Then, there are all sorts of health benefits from garlic and lemons, and how about all that good fat from the avocado and the nuts!
The great thing about this soup is that it can be served at room temperature, right out of the blender, or you can refrigerate it and serve it chilled. Now that’s some tasty soup!
- 4 cups (120g) baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- 2 lemons, juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half and pitted
- 2 tbsp nuts, for garnish
- In a blender, place the spinach, water, garlic, lemon juice, and salt
- Pack the spinach leaves down and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed
- Add the avocado to the blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and add additional garlic, lemon juice, or salt, if needed
- Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with nuts
- The more garlic you add, the spicier the soup will be. If you don't want it to be too spicy, use just 1 clove of garlic.